Transition / Housing / Restoration / Interdependence / Vision / Empowerment
THRIVE is our re-entry ministry designed to encourage and assist men as they integrate back into life after prison. We come alongside individuals to create positive support systems, reestablish family relationships, assist with job placement, and connect with needed healthcare. We offer Bible studies, faith-based etiquette and character-development classes. We also have volunteer opportunities that open the doors for God to work in and through these men. Ultimately, THRIVE is designed to help our clients succeed in many places they might have failed in the past while also teaching them about the love of God.
Additionally, we host 2 big events during the year, reuniting men with their families:
- A Christmas to Remember – we rent a large banquet room, complete with dinner, and Christmas trees and decorations! Santa is always present! We provide Christmas presents for the father’s to give to their families. For some, this is the first time ever to be able to provide presents. It is touching indeed.
- Father’s Day – a very large barbeque in a local city park. Games and music and some of the best barbeque pulled pork in the city! A phenomenal time for men to reconnect with families in a positive environment.
What’s the need?
Our clients are men of all ages and backgrounds who have spent varying amounts of time in the penal system, many of whom have serious addictions. They struggle to stay clean and sober as they also fight to reclaim their place in the outside world. They need to see there is a better way. They need to feel accepted.
How can I help?
- Mentor a client exiting the halfway house
- Advise in résumé and job interview skills
- Donate clothes and hygiene products
- Lead a Bible study
- Lead a character or etiquette class:
- The Confident Gentleman
- Character Counts
- Participate in one of our big events:
- A Christmas to Remember
- Father’s Day
- Do you have other ideas or suggestions? Please tell us!